Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Food for thought



So I saw this on my Facebook news feed and thought it was applicable to how I've been feeling lately.


I currently work more than 60 hours a week to pay off my student loans quicker than is expected. But sometimes I question why I do this week after week. I know in the long run it will pay off and I'll be happy I've been running myself ragged, but when will that time come.

This dilemma and this cycle of work, eat, sleep, repeat keep me from some of the things I love most: running, working out, camping, sleeping in on the weekends, etc. I wish I had the more hours each day to have time to get a run in daily, or to be confident that everything will be okay in the long run.

What would you do? Save thousands of dollars in interest working long hours for about 2 years to be debt free, or prolong the debt repayment in order to get a run in daily? If you have a crazy work week, what do you do to fit in your workouts daily?

2 comments:

  1. Now that I have a family, I have opted for paying what I can without driving myself crazy. Yes, I am still ahead on payments but I am not paying them off as quickly as I could either. I choose to spend time on the weekends running or with my family instead of working extra. Life is still hectic though and I always need more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably strike a middle ground...what good is spending two years of your life being miserable?? I figure enjoy the moment right now and play it smart with my purchasing etc to continue making progress on the debit

    ReplyDelete