Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday Summary...

March 28 - April 3


So this Sunday Summary is the first of what I hope to do weekly to track my training progress. This week really started on Thursday because that was the day I committed to myself again (and MCM 2016!)

Thursday, March 31 ~ 1.59 miles ~ 21:32 ~ Pace 13:31/mi

Since I woke up Thursday morning with the dreadful feeling that I *might* actually get into MCM, I put on my sneakers to see what it would feel like getting back out on the pavement. I had charged my Garmin Wednesday night (it hasn't been charged in probably a year), with the understanding that I had to do something Thursday morning. Well let me tell you, I finished that run. And that's about all I can say about that run -- I finished it. My lungs and legs and feet hurt until about mile 1.1. After that point, as I was rounding the corner back into my complex, I started to feel better. I started to have some confidence that this might be possible. I went in, logged my workout, and then saw I was charged for MCM. I made this commitment and I"m going to do it!

Friday, April 1 ~ Rest day!

I spent the day trying to make progress on my pilot study for my Dissertation. No matter how hard I try, I always feel behind.

Saturday, April 2 ~ 2.00 miles ~ 25:44 ~ Pace 12:51/mi

I didn't want to get out the door on Saturday, but told myself I had to do it. It was raining in the morning so I ran errands and such and just had no energy. Later in the afternoon, the skies cleared up and the sun came out. It was about 50 degrees and a perfect way to end my Saturday. I pushed myself a little further and faster, and felt a lot better about this run. I see progress and that's all I can ask for!

Sunday, April 3 ~ Cross Training Day! ~ 30 minute swim

After many years swimming on our community swim team as a kid, I have a very soft spot for getting in the pool for some laps. I have decided that all of my cross training for this marathon will be in the pool. It is a great all around exercise; I love it! And as an added bonus, I may actually use my gym membership!

Plan for next week!

Monday -- rest
Tuesday -- 1.5 miles
Wednesday -- 3 miles
Thursday -- 1.5 miles
Friday -- rest
Saturday -- 3 miles
Sunday -- cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment